Best Health Insurance in Spain
“They called me at the moment I asked, very good attention, it was easy to contract medical insurance and at a cheaper price than what I usually pay ”
Alba Navarro Pérez
“They keep their word, have not bothered me, punctual in the call and have informed me correctly about the health insurance, Thank you very much ”
Jose Muñoz Blanco
What is Health Insurance?
Medical insurance or health insurance is an insurance that covers medical and surgical expenses whether family or individual. It reimburses total or partial expenses incurred due to illness, injury, accident, etc. Health care costs are the number one cause of bankruptcy. That is why it is important to consider understanding the best health insurance in Spain for our particular case at the best possible price and coverage.Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
What is the best health insurance in Spain?
If you’ve come this far, it’s probably because you’re considering getting the best medical insurance in Spain or the best health insurance. To identify the best private health insurance, it is necessary to first understand the types of health coverage you are interested in getting depending on your needs, for example: Hospitalisation, immediate hospitalisation without waiting, Pregnancy and childbirth, etc. And secondly, to determine the budget you can allocate for the medical insurance on a monthly basis. At Mejor Seguro Médico .es we advise you to find the best health insurance in Spain according to your specific case at the best possible price, and by doing so through MejorSeguroMedico.es you get an extra discount on your medical insurance.
Advantages of having a health insurance in Spain
- Speed and agility: The average time to perform diagnostic tests and then have results in the Spanish public health system is more than 47 days, while the same process in private health care is much less, in just 8 days.
- Emergency services: They allow you to obtain specialized health care in Spain without long waiting periods in the waiting room in case of an unforeseen event.
- Hospitalization: Having the best private medical insurance or the best health insurance allows you to choose which hospital you want to be admitted to. Also unlike in Spanish public centres, in private centres, thanks to the medical insurance or health insurance you can have access to a single room only for you or with an extra bed for your companion, depending on the coverage of the medical insurance you contract.
- Primary and specialised care in Spain : you will be able to access many specialities without having to go through your GP in order to speed up your consultations and also to go to the doctor, physician or medical centre of your choice anywhere in Spain.
- Dental care: Dental care for your Oral Healthcare. Many health insurance companies include it in their medical directory free of charge.
8 most frequent medical emergencies in Spain
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Asthmatic Crisis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Abdominal pain
- Acute Diarrhoeal Disease
What coverage does the Best Health Insurance Spain have?
Normally these are the coverages that includes the most complete medical insurance but it also depends on the needs of each insured, it is convenient to choose exactly those that are necessary for you, in addition you can consult with one of our advisors of MejorSeguroMedico.es free and without commitment, for example a coverage of Pregnancy and childbirth in your medical insurance would not be recommended unless you have planned to have a baby in the near future, Therefore these are the coverages that are usually in the best private medical insurance
Main Health Insurance Coverages
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Pediatrics for the insured who are 14 years old or younger
- General medicine, pediatrics, nursing
- Home and outpatient emergencies
- Immediate hospitalization without waiting
- Health care in case of traffic accidents
- Oxygen therapy, aerosols
- Consultations with specialists
- Diagnostic techniques
Other Health Insurance Coverages:
- Intragastric balloon
- Aesthetics for health
- Colon cancer screening test
- Aesthetic treatments
- 24 hour medical orientation
- Surgery for myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia
- Genetic study of obesity
- Second on-site diagnosis at the Clínica Universitaria de Navarra
- Food intolerance test
- Speech therapy in functional voice disorders
- Extended neonatal screening
- 4D Ultrasound
- Genetic Preventive Testing
- Dental CT (Dental Implants)
- Alternative Medicine
- Pediatric Orientation
- Psychological orientation
- Personalized Home Help Pack
What are the conditions for getting health insurance in Spain?
There are several requirements established by health insurance companies in Spain when hiring a medical insurance. In MejorSeguroMedico.es we show you what they are:
- Age limit for health insurance in Spain: The age limit for health insurance is usually 65 years. However, thanks to the alliance we have with more than 30 Spanish insurance companies, it is possible to take out insurance up to the age of 85.
- Premium (is the payment made for the health insurance): It depends on the age and the province where the insured lives at that time is Madrid, Barcelona etc.. In addition, there are several forms of payment of the policy premium (monthly, bimonthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annual).
- Pre-existing conditions in the health insurance: There are pathologies or illnesses that Spanish insurance companies may consider to have existed before the health contract with the insured and which therefore will not cover the costs of that illness or pathologies. Health insurance companies may increase the premium to be paid, also offer coverage or not of those diseases or even not insure the potential client. Normally or in most cases a medical examination is requested to consider the risk they assume in covering the person.
Other Conditions to contract the best private health insurance in Spain
- Grace period for health insurance in Spain: Grace period is the period of time that passes from the contracting of private health insurance and the possibility of starting to make use of certain health services. In the case of a birth, they have a grace period of up to eight months.
- Health insurance payment discounts: the price of the insurance changes depending on how the insured makes his/her payments (monthly, bimonthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually). In addition, the health insurance company may offer a lower or higher discount on the insurance premium. It is usually the annual payment that gets the highest discount on health insurance in all insurance.
- Medical Insurance with Co-payment: This is the additional amount that must be paid for using certain health services in Spain. The amount is determined by the percentage covered by the health insurance company for a certain medical service.
What are the Types of Health Insurance in Spain?
The types of medical insurance in Spain or the types of health insurance in Spain that we currently have can be classified into three groups:
- Health insurance: In medical insurance, the insured has the freedom to choose the doctors and centers they want. In addition, the health insurance insurer provides a list of doctors and centers that you can go to at no additional cost. You can also hire a Family or individual medical team (for example, families and companies).
- Medical expenses reimbursement insurance: The insured pays all medical expenses so that the insurer reimburses them later. Also the reimbursement in the medical insurance in Spain is usually 80% to 100% of the total amount paid.
- Mixed systems in health insurance: Mix the medical chart and the expense reimbursement policy, The insured has the freedom to choose the health centers and doctors (as long as they are within the catalog of health insurers in the medical chart of the insurance company) paying the amount of health services. That later the insurer will reimburse you for the amount paid.
- Subsidy medical insurance: It is a subsidy that the insured receives in the event that he / she receives sick leave from work in Spain.
At Mejor Seguro Medico.es we offer free advice without obligation in all provinces of Spain
- Best Health Insurance A Coruña
- Best Health Insurance Álava
- Best Health Insurance Albacete
- Best Health Insurance Alicante
- Best Health Insurance Almería
- Best Health Insurance Asturias
- Best Health Insurance Ávila
- Best Health Insurance Badajoz
- Best Health Insurance Baleares
- Best Health Insurance Barcelona
- Best Health Insurance Burgos
- Best Health Insurance Cáceres
- Best Health Insurance Zamora
- Best Health Insurance Pontevedra
- Best Health Insurance Salamanca
- Best Health Insurance Segovia
- Best Health Insurance Sevilla
- Best Health Insurance Cádiz
- Best Health Insurance Cantabria
- Best Health Insurance Castellón
- Best Health Insurance Ciudad Real
- Best Health Insurance Córdoba
- Best Health Insurance Cuenca
- Best Health Insurance Girona
- Best Health Insurance Granada
- Best Health Insurance Guadalajara
- Best Health Insurance Gipuzkoa
- Best Health Insurance Huelva
- Best Health Insurance Huesca
- Best Health Insurance Zaragoza
- Best Health Insurance Soria
- Best Health Insurance Tarragona
- Best Health Insurance Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Best Health Insurance Teruel
- Best Health Insurance Jaén
- Best Health Insurance La Rioja
- Best Health Insurance Las Palmas
- Best Health Insurance León
- Best Health Insuranceo Lérida
- Best Health Insurance Lugo
- Best Health Insurance Madrid
- Best Health Insurance Málaga
- Best Health Insurance Murcia
- Best Health Insurance Navarra
- Best Health Insurance Ourense
- Best Health Insurance Palencia
- Best Health Insurance Toledo
- Best Health Insurance Valencia
- Best Health Insurance Valladolid
- Best Health Insurance Vizcaya
- Best Health Insuranceo Ceuta
- Best Health Insurance Melilla